Hello everyone! Wow it has been a while since I have last been on here.
Between dealing with a growing toddler and moving our lives from one country to another I just have not had the time to sit down and type.
But the other week I shared my chocolate brownies with you guys on Instagram and so many of you have been asking me for the recipe ever since!
To be really honest with you …. brownies were never really a specialty of mine. In fact the first few times I attempted to make brownies it ended up being a complete failure and so now after a few attempts of perfecting it I am happy to share my version with you all.
These chocolate brownies are everything that you expect in a brownie and more! They’re fudgy, chocolatey and oh so flaky on top but at the same time they’re not overly sweet so you and your family will love these I can guarantee it!
Anyways, enough talking lets get on with the recipe!
Everything needed to make these indulgent pieces of goodness you will most likely already have in your pantry and so these are the best go to sweet treats to make in your free time.
- 225 grams of unsalted butter ( softened )
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups of caster sugar
- 2 1/2 cups of chocolate chips ( I used dark chocolate chips )
- 1 tbsp of vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp of any plain oil
- 2/3 cups of flour ( you can add a little more flour if you prefer your brownies on the cakier side )
- 1/2 cup of cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- Optional ingredient: 1 tbsp of instant coffee ( I find that this really enhances the chocolate flavor throughout the brownie and you won’t taste the coffee at all trust me!) )
- As like all recipes, start with preheating your oven to 180 degree celsius. Prepare a 9×9 inch pan with baking paper making sure to keep the sides of the paper high and coming out of the pan so that you can use them to gently life out the brownie once it has cooled.
- In a small or medium saucepan melt together the butter and chocolate chips, reserving 1/2 cup of chocolate chips to place on top of the brownie later. Keep the mixture on a medium low heat and be sure not to burn the chocolate. Once everything is silky smooth, set it aside to cool for 15 minutes while you prepare the rest.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, oil, sugar, vanilla extract and instant coffee ( if using ).
- Then combine the now cooled chocolate mixture into the egg mixture.
- In another medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Then using a spatula gently fold the flour mixture into the batter until just combined. Do not overmix at this stage!
- Finally transfer this delectable batter into your prepared baking pan and sprinkle over with the remaining chocolate chips and place into the oven for around 47 – 55 minutes.
- When you insert a skewer into the batter it should come out with a few moist crumbs but not be overly wet. You may have to rotate the pan half way depending on your oven.
- Be sure to cool the brownies until almost at room temperature before attempting to remove them from the baking pan and definitely before cutting them into bars. This will ensure that your slices will be nice and clean and avoid any unnecessary mess.
- Also if chocolate is not really your thing you can always recreate these brownies by adding matcha powder, caramel or even nuts to change it up!
I really hope you guys give this brownie recipe a go, it truly is super indulgent so I wouldn’t be recommending it for a weekly treat but for once in a while why not?
Be sure to tag me on my Instagram https://www.instagram.com/jesscairney_me/ if you do make this as I would love to see how you guys like it!
Until next time, stay safe everyone!
Love Jessica Cairney.